For more than six decades, the Greenville Kiwanis Club has offered area residents an opportunity to bid on unusual and valuable items, with the proceeds going to benefit local children.
A significant historical marker will be unveiled Oct. 14 honoring the late Gen. Claire Chennault — a World War II veteran born in Commerce in 1893. This historical marker, to be placed next to the existing historical marker on Monroe Street, will be the only one in Texas not written in Engli…
During the month of July, the Writer’s League of Texas announced winners and finalists of the 2014 Book Awards, which recognizes “outstanding books of 2014, written by Texas authors.”
The Delphian Club of Commerce met Nov. 12 in the home of Dorothy Hopkins. The meeting was called to order by President Dorothy Hopkins. Minutes were approved as read. Billie Mills gave the thought for the day about being thankful for all of God’s blessings.
Texas A&M University-Commece faculty and students, and members of the Commerce community gathered at the Rayburn Student Center for the 23rd Annual Veterans Vigil to honor local veterans.
- Two A&M-Commerce football players robbed, shot in Miami area
- Women fall, men advance in NCAA Division II basketball tournament
- A&M-Commerce unveils new Pride Promise PLUS tuition assistance program
- A&M-Commerce ‘sends silence packing’ with exhibit
- CISD bus driver situation improved, but still looking for potential drivers
- Both A&M-C basketball teams selected for NCAA Tournament
- Brown, Shields grab District MVP honors
- City to perform chlorine burn of water system
- Missing Commerce woman found by police
- Commerce ISD Hall of Honor nominations now open