For more than six decades, the Greenville Kiwanis Club has offered area residents an opportunity to bid on unusual and valuable items, with the proceeds going to benefit local children.
A significant historical marker will be unveiled Oct. 14 honoring the late Gen. Claire Chennault — a World War II veteran born in Commerce in 1893. This historical marker, to be placed next to the existing historical marker on Monroe Street, will be the only one in Texas not written in Engli…
During the month of July, the Writer’s League of Texas announced winners and finalists of the 2014 Book Awards, which recognizes “outstanding books of 2014, written by Texas authors.”
The Delphian Club of Commerce met Nov. 12 in the home of Dorothy Hopkins. The meeting was called to order by President Dorothy Hopkins. Minutes were approved as read. Billie Mills gave the thought for the day about being thankful for all of God’s blessings.
Texas A&M University-Commece faculty and students, and members of the Commerce community gathered at the Rayburn Student Center for the 23rd Annual Veterans Vigil to honor local veterans.
- A&M-C faculty perform in concert with Andrea Bocelli
- Council election preview: Get to know your Commerce council candidates
- ‘Luckiest band director in the world’ speaks to A&M-C students
- Defending champs too much for Commerce as Lady Tigers fall 86-27
- Former Commerce Police Chief appointed as judge
- ‘Project Sweet Treats’ seeks to improve police perceptions, relationships in community
- Tigers lose consolation final in tough tourney, beat VA at home
- Police respond to possible self-harm incident at A.C. Williams Tuesday
- Former Rice, Texas State coach Bailiff named to head A&M-Commerce position
- Carthel leaving A&M-Commerce, will take head position at SFA